The Metrics Dashboard shows a list of metrics, and allows you to filter by the metric name, host, and timeframe when the metric was first seen / last active. For a list of metric categories, which you can use when searching, see here. The Metrics Dashboard is available by clicking “Charts” in the left-hand nav bar, and then selecting “Metrics” at the top of the window.
Note: The Metrics Dashboard default behavior is to show metrics that were last active within the approximate timeframe shown in the time selector.
The top navigation bar has filters and options for changing what is displayed in the Metrics table.
- You can filter metrics by when they were first seen (new). For this, we match against the time selector in the upper right corner of the application.
- You can request metrics that will ignore the host and time selectors. This selection is valuable if you want to find a specific metric using the text search without host and time constraints.
- You can filter on specific portions of the metric name. For example, if you would like to filter
by CPU metrics, you could input
The Main Table
The main area of the UI shows a high level overview of each metric returned from our APIs.
- Metric shows the metric name, as well as a time-based representation of that metric.
- First Seen shows the date the metric was first seen by the application.
- Last Seen shows the date the metric was last active.
Pinning allows you to save a small collection of metrics, and show that collection at the top of the dashboard table. To pin a metric, click the ‘pin’ icon to the left of the metric. This will move the metric to the top of the table, and will remain at the top even when paging or refreshing the browser.
You can hide pinned metrics by switching them off using the switch in the top right corner above the table.
To remove a metric, click the colored icon to the left of the metric. Or, you may remove every pinned metric by clicking the link in the upper-right corner above the table.
Clicking a metric in the table takes you to that metric’s details page, which shows more information including a time-based representation of that metric and host information.
The Metric Details page also shows the hosts the metric has been associated with during the time selected, along with the portion of the each host contributed toward what was seen.